Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

In Real Life

Pretty and colorful pictures make me happy, and who doesn't need some happy in the middle of winter? I wanted to share some of the pictures of the rooms as they've been used and lived in for a few months now, and we all know that's when the true nature of the room comes to life. This playroom and workroom combination has been dynamite for homeschooling, I'll say it unabashedly. The planner in me is already thinking ahead to next year and well, we're quite excited over here. 




I (well, Steve, really) actually hung a few more hooks on the wall to adequately handle the plethora of dress up we have acquired, and it has been much more useful this way.
 

At any given time, one or more differing scenarios can be seen played out via Playmobil in the dollhouse Steve made for Scout. The depictions and live action are comical and at times, altogether incredulous. I applaud their efforts in creating the most amazing rescue stories I've heard to date. Real or fiction.
 

Ahh, the workroom. So much goodness in here. That right there for my attentive readers (my sister and my mom) is a new table from none other than my husband. Yes, indeed, I broke the first table. I assure you, there is a hilarious tale for that, but all the same, I broke the table and my children are convinced I am Super Woman. Either that or the Incredible Hulk, bulging biceps and all. My husband obliged my ignorance and made a new table, no questions asked.




Art is a necessity for me and these days ever more so. I appreciate a good gallery wall, as you may have noticed around here. A print I've been saving for some time, a painting from my grandfather, my dad's old motorcycle plate, and my pretty yellow lady that I love.
 

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love how bright and airy this is! We're just starting on the makeover of our school room. It's a basement room so it's dark and I want to make it feel bright and fresh! I'm inspired by yours!

Julie said...

I love how bright and airy this is! We're just starting on the makeover of our school room. It's a basement room so it's dark and I want to make it feel bright and fresh! I'm inspired by yours!