Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day

While I have many other things I could be doing or should be doing; a Valentine's Day post seems perfectly perfect instead.


Last year here.

I love this brood of little Neckers more than words can say. For five more days I have a 6 year-old, 2 year-old, 7 month old, and 3 year-old. That 3 year-old cannot wait to be 4, and tells me nearly everyday that when she is 4 she will be closer to being a grown up. Yes, but hang on to these years sweet girl. It's all going by so fast.

My biggest Valentine and I aren't too big on celebrating by exchanging gifts or anything like that. I'm the Valentine lover over here (remember, former Hallmark employee?). Our first Valentine's Day was celebrated together 18 years ago, and sentimental me still has the card he bought for me from the corner drugstore downtown. Sigh, makes me want to sing like Cinderella, "...so this is love..."

Even though the holiday is sandwiched in between our older's birthdays I love to celebrate it and make the day a fun one all the same with it's very own traditions. Any chance to recognize the love of friendships and relationships in my life, I'm all for it. Valentine linens, heart plates, garlands, special cards and books - give me, give me, give me. 

Happy Valentine's Day from us to you!

"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." Pride and Prejudice



 

No comments: