Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The New Year

Though I am not typically of the resolution variety, one particular imperative was on my mind for the new year, that of a daily Bible reading plan. I have yet to read through the entire Bible though it certainly has not been for trying. I still maintain my daily devotions and additional Bible studies, but following a plan to ensure each word is read weighed heavy on my heart.

At the suggestion of our Pastor, I am following the ESV Study Bible Daily Bible Reading Plan. It covers selections from Daily Psalms or Wisdom Literature; Pentateuch or the History of Israel; Chronicles or Prophets; and Gospels or Epistles. I am hopeful in posting this it will keep me honest with myself in maintaining the discipline to accomplish the reading plan. The easiest way I can assure this, is that I've subscribed to the feed and have it in my Google Reader. Sadly, that is something I turn to everyday, when I may not be so inclined to open my Bible each day. I can say with confidence that I have not missed a day yet, only 354 more to go!

No comments: