Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Shoes.

I have found in the course of my existence, that rising in the morning and getting dressed sans shoes yields unbearingly low levels of production on the part of my body. A strange correlation, but one that I have long since surrendered to and embraced wholeheartedly.

I realize for many that shoes worn in the home is a no-no. I was raised to always put my shoes on in the morning after I get dressed, and to this day I find that I simply cannot break that habit. I feel naked without my shoes on - it's just that simple. If I am not wearing shoes, even slippers, I quite frankly am a lazy bump on a log, unwilling - yes even unable - to complete the task at hand.

Put my shoes on, however, and I instantly feel ready to take on the day and tackle the chores ahead of me.

A strange admission, but true.

(And yes, my shoes are on as I write this - I couldn't even attempt to do so with just slippers on! Eeks!)

No comments: