Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Day

Christmas morning was full of joy and anticipation; and yes I am referring to myself, here. Cutter was quite taken with his crib and slept in for the first time in months, leaving us all waiting for his arousal so that we could relish in the memories of his first Christmas morning. Oblige he did, and we all readied our technology to capture every second of his experience. His reaction was tender as he realized that all (well, most) of the presents surrounding the tree were in fact intended for him. He ripped the paper and even smiled when he saw what was behind the wrapping. His favorite gift by far, was the Radio Flyer wagon that my parents bought for him. He has been captivated by it for 3 whole days now and I am already finding myself counting down the days until spring so that we can get outside and take some legitimate adventures around the property.


My sister and her husband spent the night and they were able to spend Christmas morning with us which I am sure was a joy for her to see Cutter open his gifts and experience the literal joy that was oozing from our home. I guarantee that we were sentimental saps but it truly just could not be helped. All of our family was here and that meant the world to us all.

My grandparents came over later in the morning as well as my Aunt, and then the three of us headed over to my father in-law’s to celebrate with that side of the family. The day was quite long – but very worth it. Cutter was overwhelmingly blessed with clothes, toys, and books this Christmas, and a very special train set from his Poppy and Gigi that Steve will be building a special table for so that we can display and enjoy it. I was gifted perhaps one of my most favorite items ever, my very own pair of Uggs. I admit I have coveted these for years and to be given them from three of my favorite sister in-laws was quite a surprise. I haven’t removed them from my feet yet.

This Christmas really was spectacular for reasons I cannot even begin to enumerate. Most importantly, we were able to spend time with all of our family which I am so thankful for. It has been a huge blessing to have both of our families so close; Cutter has formed great relationships with all of his grandparents and even great-grandparents and for this reason I am grateful for where we are in this season of our lives. God has been gracious in providing immeasurable necessities to our family of three this past year, and I am anxious to see where he leads us in 2011. We are being much more purposeful and direct with our faith this coming year, and we are praying that others will be impacted in a Gospel way by this boldness.

Truly, it was the merriest of Christmases in 2010.

So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

Luke 2:16-20

Coming down the stairs Christmas morning


Is there something here for me?

Rocking around the Christmas Tree

With three of his Aunts

Ripping into his presents, and throwing the trash away

Snow on Christmas!

No comments: