Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

One Year Ago



By now it should be no surprise that I am a colossal gull for anything bearing even an iota of sentimental potential. Fashion comparisons top the list of such maudlin adorations, and this one is, well, just adorable.

Southern born and raised I am not, though I like to fantasize in this false reality for the sake of delicacies such as sweet tea, plantation porches, delectable cheesecakes, monograms, and the penultimate - smocking

I stocked up on smocked Christmas outfits last year for Scout with every intention of using them every consecutive year that I could squeeze her in them. This year did not disappoint, and I love the juxtaposition of the baby and the toddler wearing the same darling smocked outfit. Next year if she can’t pull it off again, I have the satisfaction of knowing her sister can wear it for yet another indulgence of my saccharine self. 

Scout at 10 months old
 

Scout at 22 months old

No comments: