Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

We celebrated Easter this morning by taking the obligatory family photo in the front yard. Adding our sweet girl to the picture, literally, was a delight to be sure. Her Easter dress was chosen back in January, and I have been scheming Cutter’s coordinating attire since her debut. Though a yellow bowtie remained elusive at best, the make-shift fabric from the shower curtain (thank you, mom) substituted quite well if I do say so myself.

Easter baskets were presented and smiles of contentment crept across our children’s faces. Trucks, cars, and Mickey Mouse for him; bunny ears, tutus, and Fisher Price for her.



I felt nothing but blessed this Easter morning and my children and my husband solidified that knowledge tenfold. Christ’s resurrection is nothing short of amazing and I thank God for His sacrifice in my stead. We worshipped together at the morning service and gave voice to the traditional hymns, “Up from the Grave He Arose” followed by the grand stanzas of “Christ the Lord is Risen Today,” and the best of all, “He is Risen!”


The sun once again warmed the day and we were able to enjoy the holiday with family outside. Scout was introduced to her first cousins once removed and christened the likes of her great-grandmother and great-Aunt. Cutter ran his little heart out with his first cousins once removed and thus, slumber encapsulated his afternoon.


He is Risen! He is Risen, indeed! 




No comments: