Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Memories

You know how there are certain things, places, or smells even that instantly trigger childhood memories? These candies are that for me.

Andes mints.

My great-grandfather, Pops, used to bring these with him every time he would visit from Michigan (usually around the holidays). My sister and I would wait all year for the treat and it has become synonymous with Christmas to me.

While perusing Target today (alone - I had no idea what to do with myself!) I noticed the package and sentimentality prevailed - into my cart they went. With each savory mouthful, of which I assure you there will be plenty, I will reminisce over every fond memory I have of my dear Pops. I was blessed to have him in my life until I was twelve years old, and the relationship I forged with him in those years will never escape my heart or mind. Cheers!

No comments: