Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Love, love, love.

I am highly disappointed that I have yet to post a book update this year. I have lofty ambitions to do so but they have yet to materialize. Alas, I cannot let this particular read slip by with nary a mention.

I finally remembered to request The Pioneer Woman’s Black Heels to Tractor Wheels from my local library. This one has been on my “to-read” list since its debut earlier this year, and I have missed the mark each time I go to check it out.
In short, I loved every single word of it.
I read it on Wednesday and the love story has been reverberating through my membranes ever since. I have long loved to read Ree Drummond’s blog and have tried my hand at a few of her recipes though I must admit with an embarrassed sigh, I have yet to get a copy of her cookbook. It’s on my wish list!

It was an enjoyable foray into her private life that gave me great perspective on her viewpoints and life on her ranch. Not to mention, the personal emotions it stirred up in me of my own personal courtship with my strapping hunk of a husband, and all the reasons that I feel in love with him in the first place.

A more powerful, modern love story there is not. I implore you to read it – and enjoy each second of it.

No comments: