Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

21 months old

And I’m on time with this for once.


Cutter at 21 months old you are doing nothing short of exacting your independence and developing your personality with each and every passing day. You are such a little man in my eyes these days, it makes me sad to realize that my baby is so grown up.

-          Talking; added ‘oops’ and ‘blue’

-          Quite opinionated and particular about things. For example, you decide who you want to put on your coat when we are ready to leave in the morning, and who should hold your hand among many other things.

-          Eating quite regularly and up until one week ago, sleeping quite regularly too.

-          Engaged with building blocks, love to read books, ride on your truck, play with your farm, and read more books.

-          Like to nod your head both ‘no,’ and ‘yes’

-          Amaze me with your ability to morph into a screaming misfit at the drop of a hat, but equally amaze me with how quickly you recover and continue.

-          Are doing so much better in the nursery at church and during the week.

-          Have finally grown into 18 month sized pants.

I love the way you tell me you love me each night and give me hugs and kisses before bedtime. Even though I’ve passed that baton off to Daddy while this belly is in my way, we still read and pray together before Daddy puts you in bed.

There isn’t much that I can say this month except that I am so happy to be your Mommy. You make me smile so much and daily laughter erupts from my soul that I had no idea was waiting to be released. As you grow we’ve been able to spend longer amounts of time one on one, and just this week we took an impromptu afternoon visit to the park. We had a snack at the picnic tables and then you sat next to me and were fascinated by two older women playing a game of tennis. I was so happy in that moment, just sitting next to you experiencing life through your eyes. You are a blessing to me in so many ways, Cutterbug. I love you dearly.

No comments: