Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

25 weeks


I can say with gusto now that I am 6 months pregnant! This pregnancy has been incredibly different from my first for innumerable reasons, but primarily I am pleased with the dramatic weight difference this time around. I haven't gained nearly as many pounds up to this point as I had with Cutter which makes this pregnant mama quite ecstatic, truly.

I've ventured into the realm where bending over requires concerted efforts, and now the task of not only putting on my own shoes - but Cutter's as well - presents logisitical if not unattainable acrobatics. I've noticed, too, that this time around I am carrying much lower and further out - achieving the coveted 'basketball under the shirt' look a full three months ahead of schedule.

I am feeling the normal pangs of pregnancy; heartburn, tired, and sore by the end of the day. Aside from that I am relieved that I have nothing else to report and that both she and I are feeling great. She is quite the mover and shaker and has begun to keep me up at night with all of her movement. It's a side effect of pregnancy I'm more than happy to endure. Her kicks keep me company throughout the day and remind me all the more of the blessing she is to our family.

I'm a little overwhelmed that she will be here in less than three months (yikes!) but am happy that we've made significant progress on her side of the nursery and plans for her in general. In just the last few weeks I feel like we've come a long way in preparing for her arrival and welcoming her home. She will be here before we know it!

No comments: