Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

12 months.

One year of Cutter.

I am continually amazed at the growth of a child that occurs in the first year of life; physically, emotionally, their personality, tastes, preferences. I went from this (pre-eclampsia pounds and all)...

                                                                         …to this.

Oh, and of course he went from this...


                                                                        ...to this.

Cutterbug at 12 months you are:

-weighing 20 pounds, 3 ounces
-measuring 29 ¾ inches tall
-wearing size 4 diapers during the day and size 5 at night
-wearing size 12 months clothing
-still hating the very notion of socks and shoes; spring can’t come soon enough
-THIS CLOSE to walking, I swear (4 steps to me the other day!)
-such a flirt; seriously – I see you bat your eyelashes at the girls in storytime – Lord help me
-babbling with the greatest of inflections all the time
-pointing at everything
-signed ‘all done’ for the first time and ‘where?’
-beginning to get more serious about temper tantrums; I’m not so thrilled with that development
-incredibly independent when it comes to eating; you still seek approval during playtime
-beginning to show separation anxiety big time; the past few times of bible study I have had to go and get you from the nursery because you were so upset
-a really happy baby; you love to smile and you LOVE to laugh, a good hearty belly laugh
-still eating 3 larger meals a day with 2-3 snacks mixed in; your appetite has definitely diminished and you no longer can eat the quantities of food you once did, snacks are our new M.O.
-this is the last month for formula and bottles (at least that is the plan)
-have such advanced fine motor skills (your Grandma informs me of these things)

Cutter’s last month as an infant was bittersweet. I savored every last moment I could before I knew that we would be venturing into the great abyss of toddlerhood. There’s no looking back, now!

No comments: