Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Nostalgia: Birthday Wishes


See that cute blonde-haired, blue-eyed wisp of a thing? (That would be the little girl that is next to the frumpy, denim-clad, straight-banged adorned brunette) That there young lady, with hands folded so properly, would be my little sister - and I can't help but view her this way when I think of her. Young, vulnerable, sweet, innocent - and in desparate need of her older sister to watch over her. Old habits die hard.

This picture was taken twenty years ago. TWENTY! My baby sister just turned twenty-six. For twenty-six years I have taken this precious child under my wings and served as her second mother. It's a first-born thing, I can't help but want to take care of her and protect her. Even now. It's hard to grow up.

Soon she will be welcoming her own child into this world (a first-born) and I can't wait to share in that journey with her. To tell her how amazing it is to become an older sister or brother and what pride you have in your heart to have a sibling.

Happy Birthday, Endin. I love you so very dearly.

No comments: