Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Oh, Baby

Last week I performed my motherly duties and subjected my 7 month old son to the requisite "I can now sit" portrait session. Mind you, I was easily convinced to partake in such fanfare as I had coupon after coupon beckoning me to bring my little one into the studio to capture his every blink and breath. My mother accompanied both Cutter and I to his sitting, and her presence proved highly indispensable. It seems my Cutterbug had quite the aversion to bright lights, studios, and young budding photographers. It took many repeated (laughable) attempts on my mother's part to get him calmed down and relaxed enough to crack some smiles for the camera. Sneaking in a bottle certainly helped our case, and soon enough he was hamming it up as per his usual. Afterwards we were hassled to buy packages of photographs that would have left me with no less than fifty extra photos, most of which would have had to be framed and displayed, and none of which I desired in the first place. I stood my ground on my coupon (the entire reason for said occasion) and we walked away with what I must admit are adorable and yes, priceless images of my son sitting and smiling for the camera. Oh, the necessary evils of professional photographs.

Now that we have a comparable photograph of Cutter, I wanted to show both Steve and I at around this age. A lot of people feel that Cutter looks exactly like me, and I can definitely see the resemblance, but I do think he is growing more and more into his Daddy's eyes and smile. The very two things that I fell in love with to begin all of this.

Steve as a blonde-haired, blue-eyed babe Cutter at 7 months, displaying his sitting milestone proudly

Myself around the same age, faux grass and all


2 comments:

Jase and Melissa said...

oohhh. He really is a good mix of both of you. So adorable- I love his outfit. Great choice (no Jon-Jon, though? )

lauren said...

I couldn't find one that both I liked AND my mother approved :) The outfit I didn't post was the Ecko puffy vest - all for Steve.