Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

One growing baby

Last week we took Cutter to the pediatrician for his newborn check-up. When he was discharged from the hospital he weighed 6 lbs, 12 oz (7 lbs, 3 oz at birth) and had a little jaundice but nothing to be concered about. At his check-up last Monday he weighed 7 lbs exactly - which left me feeling pretty good and thinking that I must be doing something right.
Today we had our one week follow-up just to check on his weight again and he totally surprised me. He weighed 7 lbs, 13 oz! That means he's gained an ounce and a half a day for the past week! Needless to say I am one happy mommy and hope that he continues to do so well breastfeeding and sleeping. I'm feeding him every three hours right now, and at night he will go for two four hour stretches. The doctor said if he'll do it, I can let him go up to five hours - but somehow I doubt he'll be that generous to me. I'm happy with the four hour stretch for now, and the accompanying sleep that affords me.
Tomorrow he will be two weeks old, and each day I'm feeling more and more like a mommy!

No comments: