Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Hawk Mountain - Babymoon?










We took advantage of our one free weekend between now and January and stole away to the Lehigh Valley for some much needed relaxation. I suppose this was technically our babymoon, though we certainly didn’t plan an extravagant weekend.
We’re much more low key than that, anyway.

We packed a lunch and hiked Hawk Mountain for the better part of the day. The weather was fantastic and we did see a few hawks. The views from the different outlooks were extraordinary, and we ate our lunch sitting on the rocks in the sun – we even got some sunburn on our cheeks.

We took a quick ride through the alma mater, Kutztown, and I was totally overwhelmed by how different everything is. This spring will be five years since graduation, and I can’t get over how much they’ve expanded in that short time. Huge buildings are on the campus now and I have to admit I was a little disappointed that it doesn’t have that wide-open countryside feel to it anymore. What left Steve and I talking, were the new apartments off campus that were built just past The Cliffs. These kids have no idea how good they have it!
I feel as if we suffered compared to what they have!

We took advantage of the off season and stayed at Bear Creek Mountain Resort in Macungie. This place won me over from the start – not only did they have a Starbucks at the Resort, but they served Pepsi and not Coke - a palette after my own heart.

Our dinner was delicious and Steve and I split a brownie sundae for dessert.
I wish I would have taken a picture of it.
It was the largest sundae I have ever seen, and I had no qualms enjoying each bite of it.

Our weekend alone was exactly what we hoped it would be, and exactly what we needed before the bedlam of the holidays ensues, closely followed by baby countdowns.
We’re officially in the third trimester now so, ready or not, this baby is coming!

No comments: