Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Here we go again...



St. Patrick’s Day was celebrated over the weekend, however our revelry was decidedly low-key. Irish saints, forgive us! 

As I so vehemently declared in this gripping post, I never wanted to experience a kidney stone again. Lo, and behold, God decided His plan was indeed the one to follow, and Friday night found me in the ER with intense pelvic pain. The diagnosis; a kidney stone.

I was aggravated, frustrated, annoyed; yet in tandem I was relieved in the worst way. I could not explain the pain from Adam and was envisioning endometriosis, a burst cyst, in other words my mind was racing with horrible visions of never being able to have another child. Satan’s playground, my friends.

This experience has been much less intense than my prior round and for that I am immensely grateful. For one, I wasn't pregnant and worrying about the safety of the little girl inside of me. It's amazing what perspective can do for your sanity.

Those who have had the misfortune to know what I am talking about can appreciate the tame nature of my malady. Regardless, our weekend was quiet and low-key as I stayed close to home allowing the stone to work its way through. I caught up on Season 3 of Downton Abbey as I had yet to watch even the season opener, shameful I know. Steve allowed me to sleep in on Sunday which was a gift in and of itself, even if the pain was present.

I passed the stone today, and this time have an action plan in place to try and prevent them from forming again. While I was pregnant with my last stone, it was dismissed as a symptom of pregnancy though now we have recognized that must not be the case. For whatever reason my body is prone to producing them, and I for one would like to know why and prevent it from ever happening again.

I leave you with pictures of the kids from St. Patrick’s Day. They are really beginning to play with each other instead of just next to each other. While it does make for (even) more sibling arguments, I can’t help but smile when I see them enjoying one another.

As Cutter would say, “it warms my heart.”








No comments: