Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

7 Months


Back to normal; I’m late posting the updates!
**And again, troubles adding pictures. I'll post them separately...

Oh, the changes of this month! Scout is doing so much these days, I find it hard to keep track of when and where she checked the latest milestone off. We have had to move the crib down twice this month, and it now rests on the lowest setting. *tear*. She had been sitting up, but then discovered how to sit up on her own, and then realized she could pull up to stand in her crib. This little girl is determined and motivated – two very strong personality traits that I am sure will follow her as she matures over the next years. She has been standing for some time now, but now I can ever so lightly hold her hands and she pushes herself into a standing position all on her own strength. She throws her legs out behind her and pushes up on her toes; she will be crawling in no time.

I have loved this past month in so many ways. She has stuck with her routine and when we do stray (as we will be doing much more this fall) she easily makes up for it in longer afternoon naps. She is still sleeping through the night, though she has started waking at 6 or 6:30 am. I cannot complain because in truth, she is getting the requisite twelve hours of sleep a night. I would love to get her to go to bed past 6 pm, but she is thriving on that bedtime and I’m just going to let it go until it becomes problematic for us. For now it actually works well because we get her all settled and then can turn our attention to Cutter and get him ready and into bed for the night.

She remains a happy, smiling baby whose grin is effectively contagious and quixotic.

At 7 months Scout is:

-          Wearing size 6 month clothes

-          Wearing size 2 diapers, 3 at night

-          Reaching and grabbing for everything

-          Orally fixated – on everything

-          Went for the first “front of the cart” ride at Target

-          Now riding in our favorite convertible car seat; so long awkward & heavy infant seat!

-          Not teething, though I swore for a week there we had to have something

-          Saying “ba, ba, ba”

-          Loves to be outside and loves the dogs

-          Happiest when with everyone, in the thick of it all

-          Eating 4 bottles a day (7 oz each) and 3 meals a day. Oatmeal and 2 oz fruit for breakfast, 2 oz veggie and 2 oz fruit for lunch, oatmeal and 2 oz fruit or veggie for dinner.

-          Napping 2-3 times a day – from 1-2 ½ hours each

-          Though she has been sitting on her own when I put here there, she can now get back into the sitting position herself

I have loved this month as much as I did with Cutter. I again feel comfortable and settled into a good routine with her where I know what to expect and know what to give her when she needs it. I cherish each day with this little girl of mine.
February 19th will be here before I know it!

No comments: