Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Downton Abbey


After hearing and reading much fanfare surrounding the Masterpiece Classic series, Downton Abbey, I resolved to acquiesce to my initial reticence and promptly immersed myself in the propriety and estate of the family Crawley.

I can happily attest that I have not regretted my decision in the slightest. My mother in-law loaned me the first season so I have been able to watch at my leisure as the family drama unfolds. I am not only drawn to the characters and their well-developed personalities, but the visual fascination of the era is unparalleled. I adore the kitchen and the accoutrements therein, the dress and regality of the lives of Earls and Ladys, the architecture of the estate itself, and the overall vivid beauty of the show’s production.
All of this, and I am only one third of the way through the first season.

Whenever Miss Scout decides to arrive on the scene, I will be thankful to have a distraction to keep me awake during those middle-of-the-night feedings. You know, those feedings that my body has presently (conveniently) forgotten. I am relishing in a solid ten hours of sleep while I can still achieve since a feat.  

No comments: