Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Esther

I'm a little embarrassed it has taken me this long to log this post. My mom and I began Beth Moore's Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman early this summer with all intentions of finishing before the Labor Day holiday.
Babies were born and vacations were enjoyed which severely sidelined our efforts, but we have restarted our study in earnest this week.

I have not done a full study of Esther before and am enjoying this one immensely. I especially love how with each B. Moore study I am forced to examine my own spiritual journey and inevitably I am reminded of truths that I had all but forsaken. She never is lacking in scripture and I enjoy those truths so much.

Last night in our DVD session, Beth read a section from N.T. Wright's book, Following Jesus and it was quite powerful. He outlines that the surprising number one command in the Bible is not to be afraid. More often than any other command, the Bible encourages us to fear not, but to trust in God. This could not have resonated with me any stronger than this particular moment in my life, and I was so thankful that God opened my ears and heart to hear it where I needed it the most.

My mom and I still have more than half of the study to finish, but I have no doubt by the end I will be more saturated in the Word than before, committing more of those amazing verses to memory to continually remind myself of God's sovereign grace.

No comments: