Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

17 months old

Admittedly I completely missed the 16 month post, and am quite late in posting this coveted 17 month update.
Rest assured, it is a combination of limited internet access, steamy loft spaces, and one exhausted mommy.
Without further ado Cutter, at 17 months old you are:
·         Sleeping from 7 pm until 6:30 am. Napping once a day from 12 pm until 2:30 or 3 pm. This is nothing short of amazing.
·         Developing a devotion to your bunny and puppy for naptimes and bedtime. When you wake up from your nap you clutch puppy close to you and wait for me to come and get to you. Bunny is your bedtime comfort and you roll over and grab the silky edges as soon as we lay you down to sleep.
·         Loving to wear your crocs. If I ask you to find your shoes you bring them to me and sit down so we can put them on. You know that once they are on we can go outside. You waste no time in running to the door to wait for me.
·         In love with the out of doors. We spend practically all day everyday outside. You will walk around, push  your mailcart, play with your wagon, push your lawnmower, play in your sandbox, play with your trucks, or find water somewhere to splash in. Either way, you keep me on my toes – and burning calories!
·         Experiencing all that life has to offer you: When a breeze quickens you throw your hands in the air, smile, and say “ahhh”; tasting sticks, rocks, and stones (all of which entice your tastebuds immensely); You’ve discovered you can roll on the ground and lay down of your own accord  
·         Squatting or perching like a pro (just like your Mom and Uncle Jason)
·         Climbing on top of everything – you envision everything as a jungle gym
·         Pulling and pushing everything everywhere; especially your wagon and the yellow cart outside
·         Walking – running – everywhere
·         Talking and babbling more consistently with new sounds and intonations
·         Had your first popsicle at the local farmer’smarket and absolutely loved it. To my credit, it was an organic homemade mango popsicle.
·         Continue to receive monthly haircuts (if not bi-weekly). You have the vitamins for follicle growth, my dear.
·         Enjoy story time at the library in earnest now and experienced your first music time which enthralled me to pieces. You were a joy; music speaks to your soul in a deep and impactful way.
·         Will dance and make the movements to “Skinnamarink”
·         Battling the presence of incisors. They have been threatening to break through for quite some time now but I can just now finally see the white of your top left. Only three more to go (oy).
Stats
Weighing around 22 pounds and I have no idea how tall you areWearing size 4 diapers during the day and size 5 at nightWearing size 12 month clothing with an occasional 18 month top (it seems the summer and winter styles are cut quite differently and most 18 month t-shirts are entirely too long).
Food
You are eating 3 meals a day and 2 snacks a day. Dinner is your largest meal.  You still take a bottle in the morning when you wake up and when you go to bed. *Must break this habit pronto*. During the day you drink water from your sippy cup. Some of your favorite snacks right now remain yogurt, smoothies, blueberries, cereal bars, and dried cranberries.

I recognize that every month brings with it new stages and developmental milestones but I would be lying if I did not admit that every month I fall in love with you deeper and deeper. Each new thing is such an accomplishment and I have enjoyed celebrating all of them with you. I don’t have a favorite stage – I just enjoy the present and who you are and who you are becoming. It’s simply awesome to watch your personality unfold and witness the transformation from infant to toddler. Humbling doesn’t even begin to describe the beauty of your life and what joy you have brought to me, and that from God above I know.
Each day with you is a gift that I am conscious of (ever more) and have promised myself – and your father – that we will celebrate you, enjoy you, encourage you, laugh with you, play with you, and be with you for everyday you are in our lives. Amazing love, indeed.

No comments: