Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Anniversaries...

11 years ago today, I am pretty sure I was an anxious ball of nerves preparing for my first prom - my Junior, my boyfriend's Senior. Soon I would be heading to a hair appointment, my sister would be applying my make-up, and I would be picking up the coveted boutonniere from Gable's Florist. I will never forget how incredibly nervous I was as Steve walked up the path to my front door, and we both fumbled with what to say to one another. I do distinctly remember I felt highly complimented. My Mom helped me affix his boutonniere because heaven knows my shaking hands would have stabbed him otherwise. He slipped the corsage on my hand, and we commenced to pose for the obligatory family photo ops in our front yard.

4 years ago today, I was just as anxious, if not more. That boyfriend was about to become my husband. My hair and make-up had long been completed as I willed it not to falter in the summer heat. Yet again, obligatory photo ops were had -- in the exact same spot, only this time I was still waiting for my photo with my husband.

That boyfriend did indeed become my husband, whom I adore with every ounce of my being. I love him so much it hurts at times, but I would not have it any other way. He is in fact my very best friend. God intertwined our paths so much at times it is hard to decipher where his left off and mine began, an attribute that affirms our covenant marriage bond with one another.

Holy God, Almighty -- I thank You for bringing my husband to me and confirming our sacred vows with one another, and with You.

Here's to our future, lovebug.

3 comments:

Darcy Veneziale said...

Wow 4 years of marriage. How time flies when you are having fun!
I am thankful to have been a part of several of those years(almost 10)!

lauren said...

I am thankful you have, too!

Julie and Stephen said...

Lauren-I didn't realize your anniversary was so close to ours! Did you? Ours is tomorrow. Hope you guys did something fun and were able to think back on the many, many challenges and blessings of marriage:-)