Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Confession

I haven't printed a single picture (for my own personal use) since our wedding -- four years ago.

This is a problem.

I used to be an AVID scrapbooker and I have album after album of beautiful photographs and memories preserved for all time - and I am so happy to have it all archived and easily accessible to page through. Since my wedding though? Not so much. I don't even have our wedding scrapbook finished. Problem.

I did begin a pregnancy scrapbook while pregnant with Cutter, and it is my goal to finish that by our 4th wedding anniversary. It is a very achievable goal - I stopped at 30 weeks. I can and will do this. (Self encouragement works wonders).

However, what about the years in between our wedding and becoming pregnant with Cutter? Thankfully my father and husband were able to salvage the digital pictures that I thought were all but lost on my now defunct graduation present of a laptop. This recent recovery has me chomping at the bit to do everything I can to save them permanently in some sort of scrapbook.

Since the dawn of printed photobooks, I have found benefits (namely time) that cause me to be much more accepting of a printed book over a handmade book. I made a digital scrapbook of our wedding and that was my first foray into the world of online photobooks. Since then I have made many for family as gifts, but have never been satisfied with a platform for my own memory keeping.

A college friend posted on her experiences with Blurb and I must say I was highly intrigued. I am toying with the idea of using this software for our photo cataloging from 2007 onward. I have a lot of backtracking to do, but once I complete it - we will have them in book format for easy perusal - and my anxiety over the fear of losing those pictures forever will cease.

Now that we have a child (and a professional grade digital camera), my picture taking has increased immensely and I have to keep on top of archiving and preserving the photographs I take. Sometimes our daily count is in the two-hundreds. What can I say, he's cute!

For all intensive purposes this is merely a post to hold myself accountable to finish the pregnancy scrapbook and ultimately finish cataloging and publishing our memories from 2007 until now. So my apologies for those that this is of no interest to - it is of a rather administrative nature.

1 comment:

andersonrc1 said...

I haven't printed any of my wedding photos out either! and that was 6 years ago. I really should get one done!