Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

14 months

See what happened there? I missed the 13 month post. No bother – he seemed to cram it all into the 14th month anyway.

Oh, Cutterbug.

This 14th month has been nonstop action for you. You took your first steps shortly after your first birthday and have been on the go ever since. My days are spent following you around and redirecting you to more toddler-appropriate activities. You have wasted no time in growing your inventory of teeth – 3 more molars and your last incisor have popped through this month bringing you to a grand total of 11 teeth. And you are biting – oh the biting. You have started a bad habit of biting me when I reach out to guide you away from something you are not supposed to be doing. Though I know you don’t mean it and that it is indeed a phase, we are working to correct it nonetheless.

Cutter at 14 months you are:

- Weighing around 22 pounds

- Eating 3 meals and 1 snack a day – and eating practically everything. Your favorites now are pasta, cheese, peas, green beans, applesauce and yogurt. And anything in a Plum pouch.

- You take 2 bottles of milk – one in the morning and one before bed, and have one sippy cup of milk during the day with another of water whenever you feel like it. I haven’t given in to your grandmother’s urging of juice (yet).

- You still sleep like a dream, as long as you are feeling okay. You take 2 naps a day – 9 am and 1 pm for 1-2 hours, and you go to bed at 7 pm and are up for the day around 7 am.

- Still a water baby, you love to get your bath at night – it’s your fun time with Daddy and he loves to spend that time with you.

- Love to be outside! You are an outdoor child through and through. From the moment you get out of bed in the morning until you go back to bed at night you are asking to go outside in your wagon.

- Walking everywhere and have started carrying items around with you. Specifically one of your many spoons. Man, do you love spoons.

- Talking a lot but still not specific words – “ba” for ball, ‘jew’, ‘dah’, ‘mah’

- Point to everything and ask what it is. You are very inquisitive which I just adore.

- Imitating, imitating, imitating.

- Wave excitedly at Pop-Pop all day and when Daddy comes home from work you are deliriously happy

- Hi and Bye-Bye are standards now

- When music is on you like to sway and dance, especially to the jazz station

- Understanding so much of what we say, I’m reminded to be mindful of what I say around you

- Wearing 12-18 month clothes

- Still in a size 4 1/2 shoe – (same size since November!)

- Wearing a size 4 diaper during the day and 5 at night

- Up to 11 teeth and counting.

Much has happened in your growth these past two months and I am in awe of how much you have changed from 12 months ago. Last year at this time I vividly remember being fully convinced that I would never again wear skinny jeans or feel remotely ‘cute.’ Thank goodness for hindsight, and for your incredible personality to help turn that around. Your smile and giggles make each day full and I am finding it quite hard to remember what life ‘pre-Cutter’ resembled. Having a child has changed so much of my life; in amazing and wonderful ways. The creator knew exactly what He was doing in giving these gifts of life to parents – their vigor for exploration, seizing the day, seeking joy and happiness above all else – it leaves me wondering when I lost those traits in my own life? Praise God for bringing them back with this Cutterbug of mine. Oh, that smile melts my heart every.single.time.

*I am acutely aware of the sappy nature of this post. Be forewarned that every month post from now on will only be more deeply saturated than the last. It is the nature of the gift of watching your child grow. Amen!

No comments: