Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

A night on the town


Life has been speeding by, at times on fast forward these past few weeks. We celebrated our anniversary with a foray into the real world - sans child - at Bahama Breeze. We are keeping our purse strings tight and had a gift card from about two years ago that we decided to finally put to use. It was a completely relaxing atmosphere - Jimmy Buffet playing in the background, tiki torches burning, margaritas flowing - I even believed that the ocean was just beyond the deck doors. There was a wait but honestly, we didn't mind in the least. We sat at the bar and I felt giddy with the ridiculous smile that was on my face, but I couldn't help it. It felt so good to be out and celebrating together!


Once we made it to our table we reminisced about the past three years and how much has happened in our lives since then, not to mention all that has happened in the now almost thirteen years that we have known one another. In true spousal affection Steve presented me with the traditional third year gift - leather. He has been doing this from the very beginning and I love seeing his interpretation of the theme. For our first year (paper) he presented me with a book of coupons (we were still pulling those purse strings tight even then) and last year (cotton) it was a beautiful shirt. This year (leather) he gave me a beautiful leather journal with zebra pens. He knows me well. He is encouraging me to write a book - we'll see how that goes!


Our night was a perfect night out, just he and I, celebrating what three years has given to us.

4 comments:

Jase and Melissa said...

How very romantic! Happy Anniversary- Nothing says love like Bahama Breeze :)

Darcy Veneziale said...

what topic are you considering writing about? and do we have pictures of the journal? :)

Aimee and Preston said...

How fun! Happy Anniversary! You look wonderful Lauren!

Julie and Stephen said...

Lauren-we did the giftcard thing too :-) Happy Belated Anniversary!